FC3T2 Evolution Memory Hog

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 15:29:27 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 09:56 +0100, PFJ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > I'm seeing Evolution use 201 MB of RAM after fresh install of FC3T2
> > > according to system monitor.  System is sluggish.
> > > Anyone else seeing that.
> > Works OK for me (though I'm running evolution-2.0.0-2, rather than
> > evolution-1.5.94.1-1)
>
> I did a fresh install of FC3t2 and Evolution has slowed to almost dead
> stop.
>
> > What accounts do you have set up? (for email, calendar, tasks, and
> > contacts)
>
> Quite a lot of contacts, 3 email accounts, quite a few filters, no tasks
> and nothing on the calendar. SA switched off and the internal spam
> settings disabled.

How much memory is Evolution taking up?  (i.e. is it excessive memory
usage that's causing the slowdown for you?)

Are the contacts all local, or are you using LDAP/Exchange servers? etc

What kind of email accounts - IMAP, POP, mbox? etc  How big are your
inboxes?  If you selectively enable/disable the accounts, can you
isolate what's causing slowdown/memory usage, or is it a general
problem?

We probably should take this to bugzilla.