Kernel panic

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Wed Sep 22 19:41:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:38, Mark Haney <mhaney at interactsys.com> wrote:
> I just finished an FTP install of fc2t3 and upon reboot of the system
> here's what I get:
>
> No Volume Groups Found
> No Volume Groups Found
> No Volume Groups Found
> mount: error 2 mounting ext3
> mount: error 2 mounting none
> switchroot: mount failed:22
> umount /initrd/dev failed: 2
> Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
>
> I'm new to the whole Volume Groups thing, I pretty much took the
> defaults on partitioning, etc.  Did I setup something wrong?
>
> BTW, this was installed in VMWare 4.5.2.

http://tachyon.snu.edu/fc3t2-broke.png
http://dev.gentoo.org/~pebenito/fc3t2-bootfail.png

Above are two screen-shots posted on IRC of other people having the same
problem (also in VMware).

Please open a bugzilla about this.  Also if anyone has seen this without using
VMware then please make a note on the bug report.