FC3T2 Evolution Memory Hog

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 20:36:54 UTC 2004

Hi,

> How much memory is Evolution taking up?  (i.e. is it excessive memory
> usage that's causing the slowdown for you?)

161Mb for the app, 64Mb for the alarm, 107Mb for the data server and
36.1Mb for the Exchange stuff. Well, that's what's registered via gnome-
system-monitor. The slow down (g-s-m showing 100% processor in use)
becomes annoying, though killing Ev (and it's components) usually fixes
the problem. That and gst-thumbnail

> Are the contacts all local, or are you using LDAP/Exchange servers? etc

All contacts are local.

> What kind of email accounts - IMAP, POP, mbox? etc

POP3 only

> How big are your inboxes?

Not that big. I think the largest has 70 odd emails in. I have 15
folders set up for email to be plopped into.

> If you selectively enable/disable the accounts, can you
> isolate what's causing slowdown/memory usage, or is it a general
> problem?

It's in general

> We probably should take this to bugzilla.

I'll file something later.

TTFN

Paul
--
Homer: Donut?
Lisa: No, thanks. Do you have any fruit?