Bittorrent and Download FC3

Martin Alderson martinalderson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 00:25:35 UTC 2004

Apart from that is impossible since BitTorrent checks SHA1 hashes
every 1MB and also for every file. Either the BitTorrent images are
faulty or you have burnt them incorrectly.

BitTorrent will never say file complete if it does not match
checksums, simple as that.

Martin

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:17:25 -0700, Gordon McCague <gmccague at gmail.com> wrote:
> "About the problems ftp'ing FC3 images:  Bittorrent is your
> friend.  You may not be able to contribute back as much as
> you downloaded, but every gigabyte of bandwidth helps."
>
> I tried Bittorrent first on Linux without success. The disks would not
> boot correctly. It is certainly possible that I made a mistake in
> creating the disks but wanted to use tried and true FTP to make sure I
> had decent files. It appears that the images I received from Limestone
> are perfect. Now on to the installation!
> --
> Gordon McCague gmccague at gmail.com
> http://www.gmccague.bc.ca/
> p: (250) 813-0027 f: (250) 813-0195
>
> --

Get Firefox - Popup blocking, tabbed browsing and great security: