FC3Test2 Installation From Hard Drive ISO Failed

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 23 03:57:32 UTC 2004

Arthur Zhang wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> I have searched this archive but found no properly post.
>
> After downloading the four .iso images of Fedora Core3 Test2, I
> checked the md5sum, it's correct.
>
> Then I wanted to install it from hard drive .iso, so I put the four
> ISO in the same folder D:\linux, and then burned the boot.iso to a CD,
> booted the machine from cdrom, select install from "hard drive",
> select "hda5" and the folder "linux", press "ok", and then turn out a
> bluescreen!
>
> The message there is something like this:
>
> "install exited abnormally --received signal 11
> sending termination signals ...done
>    sending kill signals ...done
>          disabling swap ...
> unmounting filesystems...
>    /proc/bus/usb    done
>    /proc/   done
>    /dev/pts   done
>    /system   done
>    /tmp/ramfs   done
>    /tmp/hdimage umount failed (16)
> you can safely reboot your system"
>
> I have tried other methods to start the installation, like using the
> program "grub for dos", "loadin.exe", but it goes to the same problem!
>
> I had installed the Fedora Core2 and other linux distributions before
> on this machine, no problem.
>
> Any solutions for this?
>
> regards
>
> Arthur

I assume that the MS OS filesystem is vfat. I do not have any vfat or
ntfs filesystems to try, but ntfs probably would not work.
  I did not have problems installing from an ext2 filesystem that was
freshly created.
Do you have any ext2, ext3, etc partitions that you could transfer the
images to, that will not be part of your new installation.
Jim