FC3T2 (new kernel) Warning: unable to open an initial console

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Sep 23 08:48:53 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 08:35, avl wrote:
> Hello
> After I download and compiled new kernel (linux-2.6.8.1.tar.bz2
> + patch-2.6.9-rc2.bz2)as usual
> I have received the message at boot (Warning: unable to open an initial
> console) and all stop.

This is the same situation I am facing on a testing machine after a
yum/apt-based update from FC2 to FC3test2.

Now, I can't get into this machine anymore, not even if using
init=/sbin/sh works, nor have I been able to boot this machine from
CDROM.

(Probably due to the missing console, I am not even able to properly
shutdown this machine. The 3-finger-salute does not seem to react
anymore). :(

Ralf