FC3t2 on older laptop hardware

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Thu Sep 23 14:30:27 UTC 2004

Jon Savage <jonathansavage at gmail.com> writes:

>> >This machine has only 96mb of ram and 233 mhz of cpu..  That is not
>> >enough for FC3t2 in full gui I don't think.  I'm noticing loading the
>> >gnome or kde desktop is really a chore.  Almost feels like I'll see
>> >smoke rising ... it seems to be working so hard.
>> >
> I'd expect that behavour considering your system specs. The release notes say:
>
> CPU Requirements
>
> This section lists the CPU specifications required by Fedora Core 2.90
> Test 1.

[...]

Well, as I posted, I wasn't supprised by the phenomena.. and stated my
specs were too low.  The surprise was in the fact both win2k and winxp
can do considerably better on that machine.  At least in terms of
laoding the gui and running gui tools.

They are also somewhat slow of course... but considerably more peppy
than FC3t2.