bacula (which repository)

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Thu Sep 23 14:43:47 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 14:08, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Douglas Furlong <douglas.furlong at firebox.com> writes:
>
> >> I thought it would be obvious its a test machine.
> > Funnily enough, I never went to the telepathy class at school, thought
> > I'd give it a miss for telekinesis, figured it would help me in my
> > ambitions to be come a sloth.
>
> Hehe... Maybe you missed the common-sense class too.  Its really not
> an inordinate jump to think one might post on the `test' list about a
> pkg to use on a `test' machine.
That would require an assumption on my part that you were clever enough
to know how to differentiate between the two, that's an assumption I am
not prepared to make.

I posted a reply with some helpful information, you are now aware of a
site, that may not have helped this time, but may help in the future.

I then added a second query to verify that you were actually using a
test release, and were not one of the uneducated masses who just mail
any odd list.

A simple not sarcastic, non caustic response stating that you were
indeed using a test release would have been sufficient. However, that
seems to have escaped your abilities.

I see nothing wrong with the check I made. This could go on for ages,
but I can't really be bothered, I shall be sure not to offer any
assistance to you in the future, to spare this list these inane

Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator
Firebox.com
T: 0870 420 4475	F: 0870 220 2178