Installing FC3test2 into VMWare

Ralph Angenendt ralph+fedora at strg-alt-entf.org
Fri Sep 24 12:41:25 UTC 2004

Mark Derricutt wrote:
> I've just tried for the second time to install my freshly downloaded
> FC3test2 burns into VMWare, but Anaconda always complains theres not
> enough diskspace to install, has anyone installed FC3 into VMWare
> successfully?

Yes. But after updating around 300 packages it won't boot anymore, there
seems to be a problem with LVM which I cannot quite grasp yet (yes, that
is the reason why there is no filing this problem in bugzilla).

My virtual machine has 4GB disk space allocated to it, which is grown
dynamically.

VMWare 4.5.2 that is.

Ralph