udev problems

Thomas Zehetbauer thomasz at hostmaster.org
Fri Sep 24 23:14:12 UTC 2004

Hi,

although I suspect it is not recommended practice I do a regulary "rpm
--freshen *.rpm" from my local rawhide mirror. This recently left me
with an almost empty /dev directory that did not even allow me to boot
with init=/bin/bash. I guess the udev update was missing udevstart in
the %postinstall script.

Now I am still missing at least my USB tty devices (for Palm) and have a
non world-readable /dev/rtc.

Tom

--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

The three Rs of Microsoft support: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall.