unable to install new kernel linux-2.6.8.1

Tom Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Sat Sep 25 07:03:04 UTC 2004

On Friday 24 September 2004 18:49, Andrew Farris wrote:
> Rather than build your own kernel I really suggest you use Rawhide
> RPMs.. even if you use the source RPM and recompile it to change the
> config or enable optimizations it is better than moving to the vanilla
> sources.  But if you really want to, maybe the comments below will help.

Where are Rawhide kernels located?  Looking over RH/Fedora I couldn't find
anything newer than 2.6.1-8.384.

--
Tom Taylor
registered linux user #263467

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we,"
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
people - and neither do we." - George W. Bush, Aug 2004