fc3t2: gnome-panel crashes?

Marius Andreiana mandreiana at rdslink.ro
Sun Sep 26 21:53:44 UTC 2004

Hi

I'm using FC3t2 for about an hour. Noticed weird behaviour with gnome
desktop:
* sometimes main menu failed to appear when clicked repeatedly, gnome-
panel process using all CPU for ~20 seconds. After this it worked ok
* main menu and panel shortcuts dissapeared for ~30 seconds. Later they
were back.

I also have a 1mb core file in my ~, strings gives on it (first lines) :
tdHT
CORE
CORE
gam_server
/usr/libexec/gam_server
GCC: (GNU) 3.4.1 20040831 (Red Hat 3.4.1-10)
est: from %d, seq %d, type %d
Unknown request type %d for %s
gam_connection_request() failed
Cancel: subscription for (%d) not found
detected a data overflow or invalid size
/media/*
/mnt/*
added %s to excludes
found %s in excludes
Deleted
Moved
Exists
None
Changed
Created
GAM_DEBUG
,,,
GLib default GNode allocator
/usr/share/mime-info/libgnomedb.mime
UTF-8
UTF-8
/tmp
/usr/share/mime-info
many files listed and so on.

There are no bugs on gamin for FC3 tests.

--
Marius Andreiana
Galuna - Solutii Linux in Romania