SCSI DVD drive not recognized on fc3-t2 kernel 2.6.8-1.584

William John Murray w.murray at rl.ac.uk
Mon Sep 27 11:32:44 UTC 2004

  Hi there,
           I'm having trouble with the same issue.
* hwbrowser sees 'Yamaha CRW2100S as /dev/scd0'
* hwbrowser does not see this under SCSI..maybe that's OK?
* /sbin/lsmod | grep sg empty
* /proc/scsi/scsi:
  Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00
  Vendor: YAMAHA   Model: CRW2100S         Rev: 1.0K
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

  How do I find the major/minor numbers from mknod please? And was
there a conclusion on which modules need to be loaded?
    Thanks,
           Bill Murray