NVIDIA drivers

Nave, Ronald NaveR at fidelitytech.com
Mon Sep 27 17:22:17 UTC 2004

As of my latest update to FC3-test2 on 9/27/2004  , The
NVIDIA-Linux-1.0-6111 driver still does not load properly on start up.

It is necessary to run the installation program each time the machine is
booted.

Also it is necessary to run   /sbin/modprobe  nvidia   manually to get the
nvidia module to load.

Once the installation process is repeated  X windows will respond to
startx and the machine
runs OK.

It also appears that  up2date and yum are not working properly.

Both yum and up2date will startup , but they are so slow that they are
nearly useless.

For some reason I can use Mozilla and go directly to the yum mirror server
and then manually download the new RPM files using FTP and then install
using  rpm -Uvh   *.rpm.

Perhaps there are so many people updating that yum and up2date can not
handle the load.