Sound card not detected -- Intel HD Audio

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Mon Sep 27 17:24:29 UTC 2004

It will help if you say what kind of souncard is built into it.

Personaly i just had the joy of detecting that the ESS built in card
that reside in many older compac computers could be made to work by
simply putting the lines

"options snd-es1688 dma8=1 enable=1 index=0 irq=5 mpu_irq=-1"
"alias snd-card-0 snd-es1688"

in modprobe.conf