File Not Found - 2.6.8-1.521

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Mon Sep 27 18:25:44 UTC 2004

I've just installed FC3t2.  Actually, I upgraded from an FC2 installation.
After completing the upgrade, which ran without incident, and rebooting the
computer, I get GRUB with a single option (Fedora Core (2.6.8-1.521).  I
select that and get the following error message.

  Booting 'Fedora Core (2.6.8-1.521)'

root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.8-1.521 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet

Error 15: File not found

Press any key to continue...

Pressing any key sends me back to GRUB which isn't much help.  I booted to
rescue mode and found that the kernel that is actually installed is
2.6.8-1.541 (541 instead of 521).  When I changed the GRUB commands to look
for that file instead, I was able to boot normally.  Just thought someone
would want to know.

--
Henry