Where can I get kernel-source pacakge for kernel-2.6.8-1.541?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 23:03:20 UTC 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:38:20 -0400, Kevin  H. Hobbs
<kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu> wrote:
> I spent the whole afternoon searching the archives of this list and the
> development list and I couldn't find a useful discussion that describes
> the building of a custom kernel as a user.  I did find many flame wars
> though.

Gmail search to the rescue!!!!!

Sept 22 fedora-devel-list
Subject: what's happened to the kernel-sourcecode RPM
From: Arjan van de Ven
<quote>
rpm -i kernel-2.6.8-1.541.src.rpm
rpmbuild -bp --target noarch /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/kernel-2.6.spec

and the sourcecode will end up in
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD
</quote>

I would STRONGLY suggest creating your own .rpmmacros file before
doing any src.rpm installation so you can define an rpm staging area
in your user's home directory instead of being root user and using
/usr/src/redhat/  for the src.rpm operations.

-jef"literally took me 30 seconds to find the instructions"spaleta