i810 rehash and dell inspiron 2600

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Sep 28 13:03:46 UTC 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 11:56:49PM -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
> About the rant. I've noticed a similar situation on sites which are
> governed by the corporations sponsoring the product. Simple words like

Same with shopping sites, removing bad reviews of products and bending
ratings. Some at least seem to get the value of criticism but not many.

> to the BIOS for all platforms should be followed. If they don't want to
> do the work, they should open up enough information for an Optimized
> BIOS for the chipset can be achieved for Linux operation.

You assume they have the info themselves. That varies by vendor and machine,
and sometimes the reason we can't get info in the Linux community is that
the vendor would have confess to having bought the system in wholesale from
an external no-name builder.

Alan