/var/tmp/badcontext

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Tue Sep 28 20:07:22 UTC 2004

Stephen J. Smoogen wrote:

>What should users do with the files listed in /var/tmp/badcontext?
>
>For the last 3 days I have had over 10000 files listed since I
>installed it. I was wondering if I should be running some command
>after a yum upgrade that I didnt know about ;).
>
>   17287 /var/tmp/badcontext.HNjBUG2517
>   52272 /var/tmp/badcontext.XzqEZB4859
>   22518 /var/tmp/badcontext.YGZFP27816

restorecon -f /var/tmp/badcontext.YGZFP27816

Will fix the context, then delete the files.  We are investigating how
do handle this better.  Also
some of the bad contexts are not really bad, IE the tools not smart
enough to realize that the context is
valid.   Setfiles is just reporting files that don't match the regular
expessions in the file_contexts file.

So cache files created by mozilla get marked as bad even though they are
valid.