/var/tmp/badcontext

Stephen J. Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 20:13:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:07:22 -0400, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:
> Stephen J. Smoogen wrote:
>
> >What should users do with the files listed in /var/tmp/badcontext?
> >
> >For the last 3 days I have had over 10000 files listed since I
> >installed it. I was wondering if I should be running some command
> >after a yum upgrade that I didnt know about ;).
> >
> >   17287 /var/tmp/badcontext.HNjBUG2517
> >   52272 /var/tmp/badcontext.XzqEZB4859
> >   22518 /var/tmp/badcontext.YGZFP27816
> >
> restorecon -f /var/tmp/badcontext.YGZFP27816
>
> Will fix the context, then delete the files.  We are investigating how
> do handle this better.  Also
> some of the bad contexts are not really bad, IE the tools not smart
> enough to realize that the context is
> valid.   Setfiles is just reporting files that don't match the regular
> expessions in the file_contexts file.
>
> So cache files created by mozilla get marked as bad even though they are
> valid.

When you say delete.. do you mean it whacks the file on the disk or
some other copy...
Looking at the files.. my entire home directory is considered to be in
an invalid context. I am not sure I want those files deleted.. And I
am not sure

/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2.9
/usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2.7.2
/usr/lib/libsmbclient.so.0
/usr/lib/sendmail
/usr/lib/libboost_signals.so.1
/usr/lib/libboost_unit_test_framework.so.1
/usr/lib/locale/locale-archive
/usr/lib/libboost_thread.so.1
/usr/lib/libkrbafs.so.0
/usr/lib/libboost_filesystem.so.1

would be good to kill.. I wouldnt mind losing all of /etc/gconf :).

Is there anything else that can be done?

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
Professional System Administrator