FC3T2 and XComposite

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 13:33:33 UTC 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:51:45 +0200, Alexander Volovics <awol at home.nl> wrote:
> I was not going to complain on bugzilla about nvidia bugs, just 'reacting'
> to Jeff Spaleta's earlier post.

I specifically asked poster who do have it working to comment on how
to get it working.
I certaintly did not ask for someone who doesn't have it working to
comment in the report.

Let me be clear. Reports about nvidia driver related problems are
probably never going to be seriously look at by a red hat developer
nor any community developer who doesn't have an nda signed with
nvidia.  Continuing to comment about problems specific to the nvidia
driver in redhat's bugzilla is futile.

The reason i specifically asked for someone who does have it working
to comment on the bug report is so that the bugreport could be used as
a marker to instruct people on how to get it working, becuase
inevitably 99% of all nvidia problems that get commented on either in
the mailinglist or in bugzilla are user error in configuration. So the
idea is to populate that  one bugreport with usable configuration
instructions for people to follow, and then mark the 7000 other
nvidia/xcomposite bugs that will be filed as duplicates of that one
bug report.

-jef