Unable to install macromedia flash player on x86_64 arch

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Mon Apr 4 14:36:38 UTC 2005

man, 04.04.2005 kl. 03.13 skrev Jeff Spaleta:
> On Apr 3, 2005 9:05 PM, Richard Ramson <rramson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for the quick response.  The rpm from the above link was
> > flash-plugin-7.0.25-1.i386.rpm, but I tried it anyway.  I ran the rpm
> > -iv  flash-plugin-7.0.25-1.i386.rpm and it installed OK, see info
> > below:
> > rpm -iv flash-plugin-7.0.25-1.i386.rpm
> > warning: flash-plugin-7.0.25-1.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature:
> > NOKEY, key ID 8df56d05
> > Preparing packages for installation...
> > flash-plugin-7.0.25-1
> > Setup is complete.
> > I tried going to a site enabled by flash, (www.orjistylez.com) and the
> > site said I need to install flash.  Other sites give the same status.
> > Guess I will have to wait for a  64 bit version :(
>
> Uhm... im pretty sure the flash-plugin.. even in rpm form.. requires
> some additional setup.
> If you did not review and agree to macromedia's license.. the flash
> plugin has not been configured yet.  I suggest you review the list of
> active plugins enabled in your browser. and if the flash player isnt
> listed try following the faq instructions on the macromedia.mplug.org
> webpage, a copy of which could be found here
> http://ruslug.rutgers.edu/macromedia/faq.html
>
> And... on a 64bit machine.. you will need to make sure the browser you
> are using is the 32bit version or your dead in the water regardless.
>
> -jef

Strange if fc should deliver a 64 bit firefox, as there are so many
external things depending on it to be 32 bit...

Anyway, take a look at dag's place. He has some nice flash rpm's that
doesn't break the rules and force you to manually interfere with the
install... Very bad for script installation arangements!

Kyrre