sound-juicer and mp3

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Tue Apr 5 16:50:37 UTC 2005

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:28:51 +0200, Roger Grosswiler wrote:

> Thanks a lot, sound-juicer is working fine now. i installed an ancient
> version of gstreamer, including plugins for mp3-support as lame-libs.
> but i still cannot rip mp3.
>
> I am 37, perhaps i forgotten something ;-) Do you have hints?

Instead of installing an "ancient version of gstreamer including plugins
for mp3-support", rebuild missing packages (from src.rpms!) and update
them with contents of cvs/svn where possible (e.g. at rpm.livna.org).
E.g. for gstreamer-plugins-mp3 you will end up with something like
http://home.arcor.de/ms2002sep/tmp/fc4-extras/  but need to add the
required LAME, Mad and libid3tag with rebuilt src.rpms from FC3.

Alternatively, just wait until rpm.livna.org and other repos offer
builds for FC4.