XMMS (was: Re: rawhide report: 20050405 changes)

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 18:52:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Mike Bird wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 11:24, seth vidal wrote:
> > I've been working my ass off to make the build stuff work, to work on
> > the build system automation, to make yum better and to sysadmin the
> > fedoraproject.org machine, the buildsystems for extras and of course run
> > the torrent tracker for the released.
>
> Why is one person, no matter how competent and dedicated, doing all of
> that?  Where the hell is Redhat?  Why aren't they providing adequate
> resources for the people developing RHEL for them for free?
>
> In any event, my criticism was of the release management for FC4t1 -
> specifically the failure to schedule a rebuild all.  I did not criticize
> the design of the build automation.

Hey Mike,

There are lot of problems with Fedora to be sure. Everyone who is actively
involved in Fedora is aware of this problem and umpteen others that need
fixing. The main problem is that with so much to do, we have to
prioritize. In order to fix the issue you raised, we'd have to stop doing
other things that are more important to the long-term success of Fedora.

Getting resources to fix all the problems immediately is just unrealistic.
What we can do is continue with our present group, persevering at making
improvements so that in the long run things do get to the way you want
them to be.

We could use some help to get there a little faster - would you be willing
to chip in?
-- Elliot