XMMS (was: Re: rawhide report: 20050405 changes)

Mike Bird mgb-fedora at yosemite.net
Wed Apr 6 03:23:00 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 19:54, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> I think everyone is aware of the ideal situation. Shall we
> collectively hold our breath waiting for it to be ideal?  You aren't
> telling anyone anything they aren't aware of.. but thanks for the
> recap never-the-less.   "as-close-to-possible" right now.. is exactly
> what we have. It will get better in the future.

We're moving in the wrong direction.  It will not get better unless we
change course.

Redhat needs to merge Extras packages into the Core build system,
flagging Extras as non-Core but otherwise managing and building them on
equal footing with Core packages.

Integration is much less work than reinventing a "separate but unequal"
Extras environment.

The resulting products will be of higher quality because of the greater
opportunities for real world testing.

--Mike Bird