A few issues

Kjartan Maraas kmaraas at broadpark.no
Wed Apr 6 11:33:59 UTC 2005

Hi.

My laptop decided to lock up hard while I was out having lunch. This is
with rawhide from yesterday and freshly booted this morning. Caps lock,
num lock etc were all dead and nothing could wake it up.

I've also seen one incident of the kernel shutting down because it was
feeling too hot even though the laptop had only been running for a very
short period of time and definitely was nowhere near the threshold at
that time. I think this was with the previous -1225 kernel.

Using DHCP I don't get a default route resulting in non-working network.
I see the rdisc service is failing on my system, so maybe that's
related? Having to do 'route add default eth0' every time I boot is
cumbersome.

rpm is failing to run scripts when installing/removing/upgrading
packages. This problem goes away when I boot with selinux=off and I see
nothing in the logs that give me a hint as to what is wrong. How can I
find out what's wrong with my security contexts? I haven't spent much
time getting familiar with the innards of selinux, so maybe it's just a
matter of relabeling or running some command to clean up some cruft?

Wireless seems to be broken for me with an airo driven pccard, anyone
else seen problems with those?

Cheers
Kjartan