redhat-artwork postinstall script

Jacob Kroon d00jkr at efd.lth.se
Wed Apr 6 15:24:19 UTC 2005

> The -f should not be necessary. gtk-update-icon-cache compares the
> mtimes of the cache file and the directory it is in to determine if the
> cache is outdated. Maybe the redhat-artwork %post forgets to touch the
> directory.
>
> Matthias

When not using the -f flag it seems to me, that if the cache file already is "up2date",
or rather "ok", it doesnt get an updated time-stamp, even if the directory is older
than the cache-file.

Possible scenario:
A new redhat-artwork rpm is released which contains a small fix, resulting in that
fixing the cache is unneccesary. The directories timestamp is increased, so the icon-cache
gets outdated, the %post script runs but since the small fix didn't require a rebuild
of the cache, and because of this "possible" bug, it's left as is.