Unable to update Openoffice.org-core in todays update

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:33:15 UTC 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 11:05 AM, nodata <fedora at nodata.co.uk> wrote:
> Then:
>  # yum --exclude="openoffice*" upgrade
>  [snip]
>  Transaction Test Succeeded
>  Running Transaction
>  error: %pre(nscd-2.3.4-21.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 255
>  error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping nscd-2.3.4-21
>  error: %pre(xorg-x11-xfs-6.8.2-19.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 255
>  error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping xorg-x11-xfs-6.8.2-19
>  error: %preun(nscd-2.3.4-20.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 255

My update to nscd completed just fine with no error messages. I think
you might have some sort of selinux-rpm interaction problem. I would
imagine that if you attempt to use rpm manually for these updates you
will see similar errors, the errors you see here are being generated
after yum is handing off to rpmlib.  Comments in previous threads
about exit status 255 items seem to indicate selinux is invovled..but
don't think i've ever personally seen this happen on my rawhide box
for any update even though i run selinux-targetted, so I can't speak
from first hand experience.

-jef