Gnome opens wrong terminal

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Apr 7 05:45:35 UTC 2005

On 04/06/2005 10:13:41 PM, Sean Earp wrote:
> Hello All-
>
> Just checking to see if I am the only one affected by the following
> problem...
>
> When logged into GNOME with a fully updated FC4T1, if I right-click
> on the desktop and choose "Open Terminal", it is not GNOME Terminal
> that opens up, but Konsole.
>
> For that matter, it takes a good 7 or 8 seconds to launch the
> terminal the first time (subsequent launches are instantaneous).  I
> have not changed anything specifying my default terminal (I wouldn't
> even know how to if I tried).  Can anyone else confirm this problem
> before I throw it at Bugzilla for lunch?

Your default terminal is probably set to konsole instead of gnome-
terminal.

What did that I don't know.
Me - I set mine to xterm - very fast, nice little terminal ...

Anyway -

Preferences --> More Preferences --> Preferred Applications

You can set your default terminal to gnome terminal (or xterm) there.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/