Rawhide install report

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Thu Apr 7 16:33:20 UTC 2005

Finally, a successful install from rawhide.  Here are some issues:

The text mode "graphics" look horrible:

- On the left side of the title is a J with a circumflex.  On the right is
a square box.  I'm sure these are not the desired graphics characters.

- Progress bars (or their shadows?) extend on character beyond the right edge.

- Shadowing on the bottom seems to be off one line too low.

- There is no border around windows, so when one window is displayed on top
of another it is very confusing.

Also, I end up with a negative number of packages remaining to install.
System thinks it's going to install 561 packages, but ends up installing
624 so the "remaining" count eventually goes negative.  Here's my kickstart
package selections:

%packages --resolvedeps
#@ Core
-ash
-lilo
#@ Base
-dump
krb5-workstation
-up2date
@ Administration Tools
@ Authoring and Publishing
#@ Development Tools
cvs
ddd
gcc-c++
gcc-gfortran
gdb
#@ Legacy Software Development
compat-libstdc++-296
@ Dialup Networking Support
-isdn4k-utils
#@ Eclipse
eclipse-cdt
@ Editors
@ Emacs
@ Engineering and Scientific
#@ GNOME Desktop Environment
#@ GNOME Software Development
#@ Games and Entertainment
#@ Graphical Internet
-mozilla
-mozilla-mail
-mozilla-nspr
@ Graphics
@ KDE (K Desktop Environment)
kdeadmin
kdepim
#@ KDE Software Development
kdesdk
#@ Kernel Development
#@ Mail Server
sendmail-cf
@ Office/Productivity
-openoffice.org
-openoffice.org-i18n
-openoffice.org-libs
@ Printing Support
#@ SQL Database Server
@ Sound and Video
#Don't pull in gnome
-rhythmbox
-sound-juicer
@ System Tools
-ckermit
-ethereal
-nmap
vnc
@ Text-based Internet
lynx
#ncftp
@ Windows File Server
#@ X Software Development
@ X Window System
-firstboot
-gdm
-rhn-applet
-xisdnload
-up2date-gnome
#Other
sysstat
enscript
freeglut
jpilot
memtest86+
openmotif21

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222