flac, gstreamer-plugins, etc.

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Fri Apr 8 10:17:44 UTC 2005

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 21:42:34 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

> >>mplayer from livna?
> >

> > mplayer is not mentioned in the error output at all, but gstreamer-plugins
> > is. And "livna" does not offer packages for FC4T1/Rawhide anyway.
> >

> On my system, mplayer was mentioned in the output of conflicts with the
> same packages installed. This system is an FC3 version that I chose to
> install everything and then upgraded multimedia and extras packages from
> the repos needed.

Fine, fine. But "Gene C.", who opened this thread, did not post any error
output which mentions mplayer and did not mention an FC3 upgrade either,
but an "everything install of FC4T1". So, what are you trying to point
out?

> Since Fedora Extras is not supposed to be dependent on livna, the
> multimedia (mplayer in this case) sounds like it might become a problem
> with worthy repositories like livna.

Here, I don't understand either what you're trying to point out. The
dependency is in the opposite direction: livna depends on Fedora Extras.
But as long as the packages at livna are not rebuilt for FC4 Test
releases (or Rawhide), you cannot keep FC3 livna packages installed
without seeing broken dependencies with Rawhide.