FC4 Test1 - Lock at boot loader, no keyboard active

jcox58 no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Mon Apr 11 16:07:52 UTC 2005

I have a similar problem with a Dell Latitude CP. FC3 is successfully
installed. When I attempt to update to FC4, both the Install CD and
the Rescue CD will freeze while attempting to boot. The text for the
initial menus comes up (with the F1 through F5 options), but none of
the graphics (splashscreen or Fedora hat). The keyboard is frozen.
Can't enter F1 - F5 nor Ctrl-Alt-Del. Must do a hard reboot.

Since these machines don't boot from USB and Fedora doesn't
provide a boot.img for floppies, I don't know what to try next.

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=58179&topic_id=13622&forum=12#forumpost58179