Any place to get FC4T2 a little early?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 11 19:19:54 UTC 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> Random rawhide installs provide one type of test coverage.
> Official test releases provide a different type of test coverage.

i know i've suggested something like this before, but it would be nice
to have a really, really prominent link on the fedora page to,
perhaps, major breaking news of moderate to serious installation bugs
in each test release and their work arounds.

currently, in the FC4T2 section at http://fedora.redhat.com, there's
some useful info, but there's nothing that leaps off the screen at you
that says, "Are you having trouble installing?  GO HERE!"

Perhaps something as simple as a link to:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=Fedora+Core&version=fc4test2&component=anaconda&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=

or whatever's appropriate.

when folks are trying to install, and things just aren't going their
way, they want help fast, so giving them a single point of contact can
minimize the frustration.

rday

p.s.  and speaking of links on the fedora main page, that "Package
list" link mocks me every time i visit. :-P