Anaconda or Grub write a wrong grub.conf for my windows partition

Cimmo cimmo at libero.it
Tue Apr 12 15:07:36 UTC 2005

Hi,
I've 2 hdd:
1st: is a SATA with one ntfs windows partition and some linux partitions
(where FC4T2 stay)
2nd: is a PATA with a fat32 partition (only storage data here, no OS at all)

I've done a clean FC4-T2 x86_64 install and when boot manager conf
arrives, I've choose to install GRUB to /dev/sda MBR (yes the 1st hdd,
the SATA one).
All is ok and Linux boot ok.

When I tried to boot Windows no chance, so I've edited my /etc/grub.conf
and seen:
title Windows
    rootnoverify (hd1,0)
    chainloader +1

hd1 is mapped to PATA, so I changed to (hd0,0) and all works fine.

Questions:
1) Is an Anaconda or Grub failure?
2) Is there some open bug to fill or I have to open a new one?

Thanx
Cimmo