FC4t2 no good without LILO

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Apr 12 23:39:49 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 16:11 -0700, Dana Lacoste wrote:
> And logic would then add, in my mind,
>
> "OK, for the real performance, I use a real RAID controller
> and for cheap efficiency I use the simple RAID that the
> motherboard has onboard, which is precisely the thing that
> grub has the most trouble with [this avoids the >2TB issue
> and goes right to the software raid issue]"

Wait a tic, you're trying to use the "raid" that is onboard those
desktop and cheap server boards?  That is winraid, not software raid and
it is not supported by Linux.  Real Linux Software Raid is a far better
solution than using a winraid chip.  Of course grub is having problems
with winraid....

Was I helpful?  Let others know: