FC4T2 Worse Off

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Apr 13 08:12:11 UTC 2005

On 04/12/2005 11:22:25 PM, Herb kwan wrote:
> Here are my impressions on FC4T2.  This is purely from the heart of
> the end-user viewpoints:
> FC4T2 is worse off. I am using Dell Dimension 3000 P4 HT 3.0Ghz.
>
> Installation went through as easy as FC4T1 without problem, but...
>
> 1. Apache server (httpd cannot start)

What does the apache log say?
It starts fine for me.

> 4. Yum check-update is working but yum -y update is not working. A
> gpg public key is required. How do I get it?

Even if you import the public key (which is in /usr/share/doc/fedora-
release-3.90/ and can be imported via

rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-3.90/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-
rawhide )

you would still have problems because not all packages are signed.
What you want to do is add the line

gpgcheck=0

to the end of

/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-devel.repo

> I do not have any problems with FC4T1 with the exception of Jetdirect
> print problem that I can't even print  in FC4T2( as I reported
> previously it worked only after ignoring the test page garbage
> print.)
>
> Why FC4T2 breaks things so terribly?

Hopefully we can find out so fc4 release will work for you better.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/