As FC4T2 CD Hangs on boot (Dell C600), here's how to install via FTP...

Pete Pinter Pete.Pinter at TELUS.COM
Wed Apr 13 17:06:11 UTC 2005

Thanks to John Wyles, I've found a bypass that seems to have saved the day:

    http://www.johnwyles.com/archives/2004/07/05/fedora_core_2_network_install.php <http://www.johnwyles.com/archives/2004/07/05/fedora_core_2_network_install.php>

describes, with minor changes needed, the simple steps to replace my existing RHEL with FC4T2 without trauma.

As he warns, it's kind of a one shot deal, but in my case well worth the risk if only to silence the local microsoft minions.

Still hoping for an answer as to why FC4T2 has stopped booting on Dell Latitudes...

Onward!

________________________________

From: fedora-test-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-test-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Pete Pinter
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:30 AM
To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
Subject: FC4T2 Hangs on boot. What incantation to upgrade RHEL 3WS to FC4T2?

Similar to other (unanswered) posts in the April archive re: boot failure on Dell Latitudes, I'm just getting the initial F1-Main...F5-Rescue option list and nothing else but a '.' when I enter anything on a freshly burned FC4T2 ISO.

Is there a Command Line option to upgrade from the RHEL 3 WS installed on it to FC4T2 that might otherwise launch the upgrade process?

Yes, I'm an uninformed enthusiast and just my luck, I'm trying to get this installed among a bunch of M$ cheerleaders.

Any insights or suggestions greatly appreciated, as always.