evolution update on FC3

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 20:13:22 UTC 2005

On 4/13/05, Richard Ramson <rramson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to update evolution to 2.2.2-1.i386 from the FC3
> development tree and it is missing a lot of dependencies see below.
> Is there a command I can run to force yum to get the dependencies?

How about you backup.. and define for me what you mean by
"the FC3 development tree"  I am not aware of there being any such
repository that can be considered a "development" tree aimed at FC3.
The fedora core development tree is currently being used as the
staging area for FC4.

Looks to me like you tried to download evolution from the fedora core
develpment tree manual and then install it from local disk while
trying to fill dependancies from the FC3 base and updates-released.
This is not expected to work in general.  Packages in the development
tree (aka rawhide) will most likely require other packages from
rawhide if they are non-trivial packages. Evolution is just one
example of a non-trivial package.

You might have gotten this to work if you enabled the development tree
in your yum configuration, so that yum could calculate needed
dependancies from the appropriate repository.  From your yum output..
you clearly did not have the development repo enabled for dependancy
calcuations.

-jef"so tender..so juicy.. rawhide brand meat products... you'll swear
its fresh enough to still be alive"spaleta