FC4t2 no good without LILO

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Wed Apr 13 22:25:46 UTC 2005

Guy Fraser wrote:

>Bull crap.
>
>Everyone else probably gave up or found some other way around
>the problem.
>
>Why would I or anyone else enter a new bug report for a bug
>that is already duplicated a bunch of times. I am sure there
>are dozens of people who have the same complications that don't
>post duplicate bug reports.

With all the due respect, but did you *ever* programmed anything?
Debugging any program without lots of data isnt very easy (I'd say it
comes close to impossible , specially if you cant replicate the issue on
your machine or any machine you have access to). Even if you provide
duplicated data , you are probably helping to define a pattern that
could show what the problem is.

>I am willing to guess that like me many people have opted for
>booting off a drive attached to slower onboard PATA device,
>because that was the only way they could get there machine to
>run. Each time I installed a new drive or replace a drive with
>a larger one, grub would fail and it only reports a stupid
>*error number*. What good is that! Lookup the error number
>and all it meant was that it could not find a requested file,
>but gave no indication what file or device it was looking for
>the file on. Are you seriously going to tell me that only 5
>people have got the arcane error number after changing a non
>boot drive?

Considering the number of different people that report bugs on bugzilla
, I'm starting to believe that only those 5 people got that arcane error
you mentioned... Btw , in which circunstances it happens?????

--
Pedro Macedo