should i expect "yum update" to work on a fresh fc4t2 install?

Chuck R. Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Thu Apr 14 02:37:15 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 05:53:38PM -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 16:58 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
>
> > I've found that "install everything" is an extraordinarily bad idea if
> > you want to have a continually working system.
>
> I'm amazed by how few people are aware of this. Although, at least IMO,
> it's counterintuitive, no?

I don't ever expect a test release to be "continually working" so I
don't mind taking risks like everything installs and resizing live
filesystems.  I shrunk /home (unmounted) and expanded / (mounted)
today.  It appears to have worked, except "df -h" now shows that /home
has -64Z free :-o