The new GRUB: A useful test!

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Thu Apr 14 03:10:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 22:12 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 21:44 -0400, Paul Iadonisi wrote:
> > Question is, am I deceiving
> > myself?  Am I still actually using the old grub installed on the boot
> > sector of /dev/sda?
>
> Restore the stock DOS MBR and find out.

  Not as easy as it sounds, but doable.  I was hoping to avoid that.
First, I must boot from DOS/WinXX bootable media and then FDISK/MBR.  So
now, how do I boot the FC3 install?  Looks like rescue mode is in order,
but since I don't usual install from optical media (I do network
installs almost exclusively), I *have* no rescue disk, currently.  Argh!
The things I have to go through to do a simple test.  Be back in a while
with results.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator