FC4 vs. MacMini (PowerPC)

John Reiser jreiser at BitWagon.com
Thu Apr 14 17:37:34 UTC 2005

>>If anyone has set up FC4t2 successfully to multiboot with Mac OS X,

> You should be able to just edit yaboot.conf as appropriate afterwards -

Aha, knowing to look at /etc/yaboot.conf is the essential key that
was not mentioned anywhere.

I suggest that the existence of an hfs+ partition should cause the
"macosx=/dev/hdaX" and "brokenmacosx" lines to be added to yaboot.conf,
just like the existence of a bootable FAT partition on x86 causes
an "other; chainloader +1" entry in grub.conf.  Oh, and change the
"delay=5" to "delay=15" for multibooting Fedora Core and MacOS X.
Many DDC monitors cannot wakeup from DPMS sleep and come to full
brightness in 5 seconds, which means that the multibooting choice
will be missed.  [I'll make sure bugzilla sees this.]