FC4t2 no good without LILO

Nathan nathanc at abcsinc.com
Fri Apr 15 14:26:45 UTC 2005

I agree FC4 needs lilo, as an option. We use (god help us) dell
computers as servers, we use raid running on 2 SATA 80gb drives. Grub
will install fine on the dells , but after a while we would get a
strange error, saying "BAD PBR" on boot up, and you can go no further,
without a grub rescue disk that we had to create. The bad pbr would
happen because the grub.conf file would get corrupt and the raid would
try to write it back from the mirrored drive, but the grub could not
handle this. Now we use lilo , which is what we use to do, by default
before Fedora came out. If lilo could get on, as an install option of
the fedora core 4, it would make some many people here happy.
Cheers.