fc4t2 - grub install on mbr - choose which hdd

John Austin ja at jaa.org.uk
Sat Apr 16 11:48:45 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 12:06 +0200, Cimmo wrote:
> You have missed an option during installation.
> There is an option called: "change disk order" or something like that
> and you have to put sda first and hda second (default is opposite), then
> you can choose to install Grub to sda's MBR
>
> bye
> Marco
>
> Marius Andreiana ha scritto:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >When installing fc4t2 with both a hda and sda in the system (installing
> >on sda from images on hda), grub will install in mbr of hda. I want it
> >in mbr of sda, but I can't choose.
> >
> >What's the criteria for selecting the default device?

Hi
Yes but the info is confusing and I found that it did
not seem to change when you did the swap.
I still think selecting No Boot Loader
and sorting out booting after the install has finished
using grub (not grub-install), in linux rescue mode,
is currently the safest option if you really want to know
what is going where.
John