kdm login greeter stopped working

Mail Lists lists at sapience.com
Sat Apr 16 18:36:25 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 07:16:31PM +0100, Mary Ellen Foster wrote:
> On 4/16/05, Mail Lists <lists at sapience.com> wrote:
> >   Was working fine till yesterday - today
> >   the kdm greeter stopped workign - instead now get gnome greeter (gdm).
>
> Are you sure you're actually getting gdm? The latest round of updates
> added a Fedora "theme" to kdm that makes it look a lot like the
> default gdm ...

  Almost certain yes - running kcontrol and setting login manager
  GUI style to KDE Classic mad no effect at all.

  And it looks 100% identical to the gnome gdm greeter
  (which is very very different than kde - i have the clock
  turned on for example and it is not there).

  Looking at the startup script /etc/X11/prefdm
  I see that if the preferred greeter fails
  then it runs in order:
  gdm - kdm - xdm.

  I assume kdm failed and it defaults back to gdm.

  g/