FC4-Test2-ppc on an iMac G3

Felix Kühne fkuehne at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:07:43 UTC 2005

On 4/18/05, Paul Nasrat <pnasrat at redhat.com> wrote:
> Known issue:
>
> try at the boot prompt
>
> linux resolution=1024x768
> (works on my iMac DV SE)
>
> or failing that
> linux text

Okay, using linux text works (linux res... crashes when trying to
launch anaconda). The installation of the packages runs fine, but the
post-installation-script (I cannot give the correct name, because I
use the German l10n, it's called "Konfiguration nach erfolgter
Installation wird durchgeführt" there, i.e. "configuring after
installation") stopps at 50 % and does not move forward for at least
10 minutes. Any idea what's wrong?

Btw. When partitioning my harddrive, I'm asked to create an "Apple
Bootstrap" partition. How large does it have to be? Perhaps, the crash
mentioned above is linked to that, because I chose a quite small
partition for this, since I don't the exact purpose nor the suggested
size actually.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Felix Kühne