Installation issues

Richard Ramson rramson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 13:23:08 UTC 2005

On 4/19/05, Roger Grosswiler <roger at gwch.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i cannot install FC4 in GUI-mode, as the output of the screen is not readable, the image is shown only "half". I have
> a HP Omnibook XT100 with a S3 Savage and a LCD-Monitor, Resolution 1024 x 768.

<snip>

Found this information in the release notes:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/test/3.91/x86_64/os/RELEASE-NOTES-en

== Installation-Related Issues ==

  * Certain hardware configurations (particularly those with LCD
displays) may experience problems while starting the Fedora Core
installation program. In these instances, restart the installation,
and add the "nofb" option to the boot command line.

Let me know if it works.  I may need to try it with one of my LCD monitors.