Anaconda and monitor handling

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Apr 19 14:02:33 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 06:53:55AM -0400, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> 640x480 is incredibly small, and does not leave much room to fit
> everything on the screen that is needed, so that is more or
> less out of the question as far as I understand.  Even 800x600
> is pretty short on real estate.

640x480 is the largest *safe* resolution to use without having DDC probe
data. Anything else can cause damage.

Yes its not a lot of space by modern standards but its not that long ago that
640x480 was hi-res, and its still way above PDA resolution. Its about how you
use it..

Another DDC item not handled is dynamic DDC changes