Tomcat5 and router discovery startup problems

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Tue Apr 19 19:48:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 00:08 -0500, Herb kwan wrote:
> 2. There are warning messages on Tomcat5 when the system startup. Some kind
> of options needed to be adjusted.  I tried to capture the message using
> dmesg command.  I could not find the warning message. What is the right
> command to get the message.  I tested Tomcat 5 on the browser. It worked.

Look in the files you'll find in /var/log/tomcat5 for that message.

Depending on where the message comes from, it's also possible that it's
only going to your console.

In any case, you can just save the output to a file by doing something
like:

$ /etc/init.d/tomcat5 start >& /tmp/tomcat5.txt

If there really is something suspicious, but sure to file a bug report
here: http://bugzilla.redhat.com

Thanks,

AG