text login as default?

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Tue Apr 19 20:07:32 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 14:34, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> solutions... I'll take the "bad" of a timeout license window popup
> over the "bad" of no legally distributable rpm packages for macromedia
> flash... at least until there is a mature opensource flash
> implementation to nuture and support.

Of course if RH (and SUSE, Mandrake^H^H^H^H whatever they are today)
were to make it crystal clear to the Macromedia^H^H^H^HAdobe execs that
their solutions were substandard, and clearly explained to the suits in
charge exactly WHY and that you guys were itching to kick em to the
curb, they might see reason.  Us user types and probably even you RH
devels, can't get heard up in the upper ranks where a change could
happen but if your PHBs could speak to theirs in their own Dilbert World
language they might understand.

Of course a believable threat to move from 'wait until there is a mature
OS flash' to 'if that is your final answer I guess we will have to start
helping em out over at gplflash.sf.net' would also serve to sharpen
their focus.

Who am I kidding though, they wouldn't listen.  They are obsolete and
have to replaced like the other 90% of the proprietary world that the
cluetrain missed.  Better still if their whole perverted file format can
be replaced with something open, well understood and perhaps even a real
IETF RFC.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!